Environmental Affairs Committee
- Associated Students
- Student Government
- Get Involved!
- AS Senate
- Inter-Club Council
- Sports Club Council
- Special Committee's
- AS Elections
- The Community
- Blue Crue
- Senior Class Gift
- AS Newsletter
- Contact Us
The Environmental Affairs Committee is a committee within Associated Students that seeks to collaborate with the campus community and region to uphold the university’s Vision Statement by addressing long-term sustainability focusing on economy, ecology and social justice.
We seek to uphold the university’s commitment to its Vision Statement in “responding to historical and changing conditions, experimenting with strategies which increase access, improve quality, and lower costs through education in a distinctive CSU environment,” by raising awareness and promoting environmental sustainability throughout the CSUMB campus and surrounding community.
Statement of Purpose:
The Environmental Affairs Committee of the Associated Students of California State University, Monterey Bay shall be recognized by the campus community as “Associated Students Environmental Affairs” or “EA” which will encompass the Environmental Affairs Committee Chairs and the committee itself.
This committee operates under its Policies and Standing Operating Procedures, and follows under the Associated Students Bylaws and Constitution.
- Environmental Senator shall chair the Environmental Affairs Committee
- The Environmental Committee shall raise awareness of environmental impact issues
- The Environmental Committee shall promote sustainable campus practices
- The Environmental Committee shall increase awareness of environmental cleanup activities surrounding the CSUMB campus, including issues of: groundwater cleanup, OU-2 landfill, carbon tetrachloride plume(s), unexploded ordnance, and the Fort Ord prescribed vegetation burns.
- The Environmenta Affairsl Committee shall organize Earth Day events