- Associated Students
- Student Government
- Get Involved!
- The Community
- Blue Crue
- Contact Us
Ian Olden (email@example.com)
- Chairs the Executive Board.
- Serves as a voting member of the Executive Board.
- Serves as a voting member of the Finance Board.
- Serves as a voting member of the Internal Affairs Board.
- Serves as a voting member of the Otter Student Union Board of Directors.
- Serves as a designee member of all AS Boards/Committee/Subsidiary Councils.
- Serves as the Chief Executive Officer and official representative of the AS.
- Serves as the student voice of the University President’s Cabinet meetings.
- Manages complete oversight of the Division of Executive Affairs.
- To have the power of general or item veto of any measure adopted by the Senate, except in matters of impeachment,
- To have the power to call a special convening of the AS.
- Appoints all AS Officers, non-elected, and student at larges (refer to Code or Appointment for procedures).
- To dismiss or discharge any person appointed by the President.
- To annually review the professional staff of the AS.
- To execute all legislation and actions adopted by the AS Senate.
- Shall ensure the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the organization and ensure the organization stays aligned with its Annual Stability Plan and FiveYear Strategic Plan.
- Shall report to the Senate at each general or special session.
- Shall work within the bounds of hiring and firing procedures in collaboration with the AS Office Coordinator for all staff of the AS.
- Shall oversee the AS assessment and evaluation with the Chief Operations Officer; research ideas on how to improve the AS government structure.
- Shall have signature authorization on all AS expenditures, in the absence of the Chief Financial Officer.
- Shall mediate and dismantles personnel conflicts.
- Shall oversee selection, nomination, and appointment processes.
- Shall oversee the organization California State Student Association (CSSA) and other state wide government meetings to be held at CSUMB.
- Shall organize opportunities, functions, or meetings for the AS to interact with University Administration.
- Shall meet weekly with each Executive Officer for one on one development.
- Shall meet weekly with AS Staff and the Vice President.
- Shall meet weekly with the AS Senior Coordinator of Governance and Operations.
- Shall meet regularly with the President of the University and/or his/her delegate to ensure open line of communication with shared governance.
- Shall meet regularly with the Vice President of Student Affairs and/or his/her delegate to ensure open line of communication with student affairs.
- Shall meet regularly with the Dean of Students.
- Shall meet regularly with the Chair and Vice Chair of the Academic Senate and if needed, Administrative Liaisons.
- Shall meet regularly with the Chief Executive Officer of the Otter Student Union.
- The President shall have such other powers and perform other duties as may be assigned by the Articles of the Associated Students, Bylaws, or Coded Memoranda.
Ian is the Chief Exceutive Officer of the Associated Students and chairs the Executive Board